Tuesday, August 30, 2011

bon voyage

whaWHAT? Two posts in a month?
This one is a little picture heavy, but I likes it that way.


I was lucky enough to stop by WU yesterday. I went out to lunch with a close friend and we stumbled upon a beautiful garden at the Historic Deepwood Estate

KING IN THE CASTLE, KING IN THE CASTLE

I never even knew this place existed! So close to campus yet private and peaceful. 

can you spot the garden fairies?

Definitely my type of garden (well obviously. I don't have to do a damn thing to maintain it. I can't even water hanging baskets consistently. My mother will attest to this.) 


There were so many hidden spots and walkways, gazebos (definitely called them gondolas) and gardens.
Even a greenhouse!


Greenhouse time:


you could touch the flowers in the greenhouse.
 these fit right in your hands like little fires


curly-swirly-leaves!
fuzzy too
all fingers need hats
cacti
note the curly fence? 

samesies
kinda like the teen mom version of plants. babies making babies!


had to have this in here. I haven't seen these since  hawai'i.
I used to spilt the leaves and make 'salad' with
other plants and grass and bark



a kiddie lost his candy


thank god for good friends


the ivy was so incredible. you can really tell how it is an invasive species here.
This was very well manicured, but still.


a spider web of dew drops







you know japanese candies? imagine a peach one. got it?
that's what I smell like!


the bench was a little wobbly, but still perfect for converstaion





little forget-me-not flowers
zoomin' in


don't forget me while I am in Paris!!

love you,
alex



No comments:

Post a Comment