Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Movie: Polisse


Sorry for the lapse in posts!
I have been quite busy with final assignments.
YAY 12 PAGE FRENCH PAPERS!!
(subject: how television finances cinema in france
example: You know Canal+?
That is actually a channel here. The french gov't makes them 
finance films, with a specific quota for european films
and french films as well)




Anyway, I wanted to post these clips and a few tidbits of 
insight about the film POLISSE (poliss in english).


It was directed by Maiwenn (le besco)
and she is also in it, as the photographer assigned to
the BPM (brigade de protection des mineurs)



I gave a presentation about this film in my cinema class.
I absolutely loved the film.
(and even if I didn't, it was free! 
I get the cinema card as part of my class)
It is a bit like law and Order SVU, but french.
Here are some clips:



couldn't find it in english, sorry!


I am really loving my cinema class. Just last class we talked about racism 
(the movie was OR NOIR)
and we watched this video:



Now I am prepared to talk about everything from
french police structure to camera angles, 
"arabland" to the cannes film festival.


love,
alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment