Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Market Day

After my OFII, I found a wonderful outdoor market. Well, I didn't exactly find it. That implies that not many people know about it. This one was HUGE. 
I wanted to explore it a bit more, so I asked one of the vendors if it was open for any other days of the week. She responded, yes, Sunday.
Sunday it is!
But first, I wanted to hit up a bakery that I had heard about. It was a little (okay, a lot) out of my way, but the kuglehopf was supposed to be worth it. I am loving this city; as a foodie I am in heaven!



had to wait in line
it was quite long, with two windows for purchasing.
the long wait is how you know that it is good!!


my kugelhopf!
I guess I will have to go back so that I can show you some pics
of it out of its wrapping...
oh well!


the chicken at Bastille


my haul!  :
chicken, leeks, squash, a kugelhopf, figs, eggs, apples,
onions, garlic and pear-apple juice 


my haul- another angle


some more goodies
yes those are figs!


mmmmmmmm.
roasting squash, squash seeds and the chicken seen earlier.
YUM in my tum.


my pot of stock
thanks for teaching me so well mama!!


my chicken stock!


mr. leeks-hat


getting ready for leek soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment