Thursday, November 24, 2011

Champagne District! Reims

first step: stamp your ticket!


freezing when we arrived...
eek!


but very beautiful


I loved this vinegar-
balsamic concentrate!
 I was in heaven








such a cool fountain in general...
but imagine it frozen!!




they were in the process of restoring it
amazing to see what it looked like originally!
I always think of cathedrals as dark, quiet, stony places that are beautiful in their own way,
but I had never thought that when people started using them they were places
that were filled with light


a friend on the program said that french cathedrals give the impression of height
while english ones give the impression of length.
I don't know about you, but I get both here!




we happened upon a choir practicing,
it was magical just to sit there in this place full of history,
where thousands had been before, yet to hear the voices of children singing









love, 
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment