Sunday, December 4, 2011

Florence V

serendipitous events


I stumbled into this church,
an itty-bitty thing really,
with beautiful frescoes.
the reason that i was able to get in was because 
there was a group of florida state students waiting to get in and have a tour.
I just blended into the crowd...

the teacher described this as a pinwheel of hands,
look at the details!
and then they filed out.
I had it all to myself,
with a little knowledge under my belt.


one of the cutest ladies ever!
she crochets little coasters and
key weights.
Yeah, I really didn't know what that was either,
 but it was adorable!


secret bakery!
 heard about this online.
I had to do more than a little snooping and searching
to figure out the location
(because it didn't really have an address)
but it was worth it just for the fun of it!
the alley.
it is a wholesale place that opens after midnight.


I was a bit worried because
there wasn't an address...
but suddenly,
I could smell the pastries!
I was on the path to greatness!


the frosted glass door,
with the "be quiet please" sign.
I knew that I had arrived!
You just knock on the door and order without going in
what is this?


the bakery!!


okay, so it wasn't the very best pastry I have ever had,
but how wonderful it was to have it fresh!
next up...
la boheme opera in st. marks anglican church!
my seat and view.
there was a long line for standby tickets,
but I eventually got one,
and in the second row!


setting the scene


yes, it is a real church!




the pianist's place


he didn't actually have any lines, but he resumed all of the scenes












and therein lies the reason that I love traveling alone.
I am free to do what I want, and I meet new people, discover new things, 
find out about fun events...

No comments:

Post a Comment