Sunday, December 25, 2011

Montmartre Adventure

 You so rarely get a feeling of Paris' size;
all of the small, winding streets and not too tall buildings.
I love to go up to the butte de Montmartre and just take in the size.

I had a bit of time a few days ago, and decided to check out montmartre and sacre coeur. 
One of the reasons that I love Paris is because I can just decide, on a whim, to visit
a place that I find so beautiful, but is just considered normal here.

obligatory cat
MEOW



juxtaposing seasons,
fancy words!


lovers in the grotto.
no, just buddies.


spot the raven




spot the bird: pigeon edition


this was the first time that I had climbed the hill
from the side, off to the right. This little niche
made a wonderful spot for just gazing out at Paris






you said that you wanted more pictures!

















my navigo works on this, so sometimes I am a bit lazy and don't take the steps.
The first time, it was just for the novelty of it.
But now, it is nearly chaque fois!








the fountains that are everywhere in Paris








No comments:

Post a Comment