Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Last Taste of Summer

Notre Dame, viewed from the side.
I just couldn't wait and ate my lunch on
a bench on a bridge over the seine
with this view.
Not bad, huh? 



the famous berthillon ice cream.
Flavors:
passion fruit- tangy and full of bite with a slightly bittersweet aftertaste
pear- soft and smooth, delicate fruit flavor
salted butter caramel- creamy, smallest hint of bitter followed by sweet, salty caramel
while I was eating this, I was trying to name all of the 5 types of tastes,
since I was pretty sure that they were all in this little treat.
I got bitter, sweet, salty, sour and.....
I took at least seven or eight minutes trying to remember the 5th.
I finally gave up and realized that it must not be very important,
since it wasn't in my ice cream.
It finally came to me: SPICY
eh. figures.
France is no fan of the spice






Berthillon is on one of the islands in the seine.
After getting my ice cream, I laid down on a bench on the bank of the seine
(on my newly acquired yoga mat, courtesy of the white yoga session)






a winter tree in summer weather


that little bit is my knee.
yay vitamin D!


not exactly the prettiest subjects, but they were definitely my companions


note the two swans on the right


had to snap a pic
shoutout to HP!


I took a pic of this earlier, but I can't remember if I posted here.
Anyway, I loved the light.
This pic really demonstrates how you can be biking around,
and suddenly
see something breathtaking.
Just a day in the life of a parisienne.


love,
alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment