Friday, October 14, 2011

White Yoga Session

So.
I signed up for this online. I am so glad that I went, even if it was
after "nuit blanche" and I had gotten to bed at 3 after
seeing tons of artistic works.
Everyone was asked to wear white, a kind of way to
be spiritually clean (?) and also to look unified.
And probably to be cool in the heat and  to have a little pun-action
in terms of  "nuit blanche"

there aren't too many bugs (except for a few mosquitos) in Paris, especially not
beautiful ones like this one.
I just had to take a pic of this preying mantis on the top of a car.

A pic while I was waiting in line to get my tapis (mat).
It was free! And I got a little baggie with two soyjoy bars,
a green tea that was guava-pomegranate flavored
and a long-sleeved t-shirt!
Not to mention the entire yoga session was free!

I had to wait in line for a bit, but I ended up with a great spot!!
I was very close to the teacher, who happened to speak English.
It was a bit of a give-away that I spoke english, especially when
I was in the move before the translator said it in french.
But it was a great way to practice my french vocab!
There was definitely a great part at the end when
the teacher was trying to speak in french and encountered
a common problem: l'amour vs. la mort.
love vs. death.
makes a bit of a difference when you are talking
about sending "death" to your left...





Afterwards, I walked back to my host family's apartment.
This is on the way...
I know. I am so. incredibly blessed.


love,
alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment