Monday, October 10, 2011

Strasbourg, Day 2 of 2

I wasn't particularly stoked about this trip since I had never really heard about this area, but I am so glad that I went! On sunday, we saw a castle before we headed back that afternoon. Here are some pics from the Haut Koenigsbourg Castle.
It had been german, french, german...
the view from the top


the castle!






this room reminded me of "les tres riches heures du duc de barry"
that I studied in an art history class at WU
















the little village where the restaurant and wine tasting was


the sommelier who taught the wine-tasting lesson
that CUPA had arranged for us


nice and crisp


the sparkling wine we tasted




lunch:
chicken, grilled slices of cheese.
perfect and tender!


vanilla ice cream, a bit of cake and some liquor on top
 in the mould of a kouglehopf, a traditional
alsacian pastry.


I have really become a fan of muscat here.
We were able to buy the wine after the tasting.
I certainly did!


time to head back to paris!
poor us...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment