Monday, October 31, 2011

Friday Adventure: Train Station

A few Thursday nights ago, I was wondering what I was going to do the next day. As I have more time because I don't have any classes on fridays, I try to do something fun and a little more day-trip-y than just kicking it around Paris (I'm really suffering here). Then it hit me. Hadn't I been wanting to go to Giverny and visit Monet's house and gardens? Why yes, yes yes I like that idea, I thought to myself. Now to plan it. Of course, I was doing this slightly last minute; how can you get things done without the adrenaline that flows through you when you're working under pressure? 
The moon was still out at 9 in the morning
no one else noticed it, and I got quite a few funny looks
by standing on a platform-like thing to take the pics,
but it was worth it

I decided that I would take the train that leaves at 8:30 am. And at 9 euros, it was a steal. I still can't get over how great it is to hop on transportation here. Of course, I overestimated, the metro's ability to zip under Paris, and arrived with ten minuted before the train was to leave (full disclosure: I also overslept. Side note: I need more sleep here than at WU, and certainly more than I needed at SMA. I don't know if I am out of practice, but I think that it may be because I use more energy here just by having to figure out how to get home, speaking another language...). Okay, back on track. Where was I? Oh yeshh: I still had yet to purchase my ticket.
 Smooth move Alex, 
you are definitely not getting on that 8:30 train.



since I was so early, I walked around Paris.

basically no one out,  how rare




But I had a pretty great time exploring the early morning light in the city of lights. And as always, things worked out the way that they were supposed to; I found one of the bakeries that I had been meaning to go to!


parisian buildings from the inside of the train station

love from paris, 
(and still loving Paris)
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment