Friday, October 7, 2011

Pompidou Center

at first, I was a little skeptical.
modern art? ohh heh heh heh. no thanks.

but then,
I had a change of heart.
Maybe I should go and check it out. 
I can't really turn it down for fear of not being
into modern art, right?

the pool looks incredibly deep but is actually only 1/2" of water, if that.
the same terrace-y view, only of sacre coeur



I super loved it. 
super-hyper loved it.




this video was captivating.
it was the progression shown from cow to beef, only shown in reverse.
I don't think that I ate meet for a while after that.
(okay, at least not that night. not beef, anyway)


eerie. the cubes were different sizes but looked to be the same
size because of the convex, normal and concave mirrors.
only don't ask me which is which.
j'ai aucune idee.


trippin' out!
this was a room that you could go into and kinda play around in.
pictures were taken and fun was had, let me assure you.
pic of the first terrace


have you seen the movie sabrina? Not the one with Audrey Hepburn,
but the one with Harrison Ford?
This fountain is in it.


another terrace




same terrace, close up of sacre coeur


different angle


When I fist saw this painting, I was disgusted.
The flies, the flesh, the lurid colors.
But despite all that, I could not stop looking at it.
I think that is what art is about...
provoking some reaction, no matter if it is rapture or disgust


Is this art?
This work sparked quite a debate when it was first displayed.
If you can't tell, it is a urinal


hummingbirds,
stuffed.
a little sad, actually.




metal work, 3D sculpture



we started at five, and decided to meet up in the foyer at seven. 

we were exhausted by six.

and we had only seen the fifth floor!!
I will update you when I go back 
:)

love,
alexandra

1 comment:

  1. Dammit its hella hard to post something on your blog (it would be easier on fbook or google+), but here it is I figured it out. yay WITS!!! Thank You for the postcard (it was a little creepy) but I liked it anyway. Every time you post something about food it makes me hungry and I realized you've always eaten like a french person.I'm glad you're having fun in france I miss you tons I'm gonna continue creeping on your blog. BTW have you seen anchor splash/bid day pictures? If not I will post them for you on your blog/email which ever is easier.
    love love love love
    you mistress
    mayra
    LITB

    ReplyDelete