Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nuit Blanche!

Nuit Blanche means white night and is a term that means pulling an all-nighter.


But what is it?
It is a night where all of the museums are open (and free!). But not only that.
There are also tons of special exhibits, installations and performances.
From Nuit Blanche's Website:

"Bringing art within everyone’s reach, using it to cast a new light on the city, and generally treating everyone to a fun time. That, in a nutshell, was what Paris Mayor Bertrand DelanoĆ«’s deputy for culture Christophe Girard wanted to do when he thought up the Nuit Blanche in 2002. A number of European cities (Brussels, Rome, Naples, Madrid and Riga, for example) have emulated this open, free-of-charge event. "

As I didn't bring my camera, here is a video if you are really interested. It is long and in French, but the images are obvious.



And these were the ones that I actually saw. When my friend sends me the photos, I will post more info! But let me assure you, I will never forget how cool this night was.


Saw this one in passing:


It is pretty cool to live where
the city throws this type
of shindig.


love,
alexandra



No comments:

Post a Comment